Summer 2023 and Ongoing
Chocolate Tour Guide
Tour Guide Roles - Apply for upcoming positions
The very best Tour Guide job in Edinburgh for friendly, enthusiastic and hard-working chocolate lovers!
Share the joys of chocolate with visitors from the UK and around the world as a Chocolate Tour Guide at one of Edinburgh’s newest attractions (voted #2 best food experience in the world, Trip Advisor 2021)!
You'll join our team of friendly, vibrant and sociable Guides and become an expert in all things chocolate! The role particularly suits Actors or anyone with a performing background, Teachers or Activity Leaders with an engaging personality as well as friendly and outgoing college or uni students from any background.
The rate of pay is £11.50/hour plus tips and shifts are usually around 7 or 8 hours long. Working times vary but are usually between 9am and 10pm and often include weekends. Most guides work between 2 and 4 shifts per week.
Some Guides work all year round and other Guides are seasonal staff who work mostly in the busy holiday periods.
The role of Chocolate Tour Guide involves:
• guiding tours (based in the premises only). The tours may be for tourists, primary school groups, language school groups, children’s birthday parties, corporate groups, student groups, hen parties, etc.
• serving customers in the gift shop after the tour
• preparing before the tour
• cleaning and tidying up after the tours (chocolate is messy!)
The training process will involve getting to know, and becoming an expert in chocolate and the chocolate production process.
Full, paid training will be given.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and warm person who can manage groups of people and provide wonderful, unforgettable experiences for visitors while being a friendly, supportive and hard-working colleague.
The ideal candidate will have:
• experience in a customer-facing role
• adaptability and flexibility
• passion and enthusiasm for providing unforgettable visitor experiences and excellent customer care
• passion and enthusiasm for chocolate
• reliability, reliability, reliability
• hard-working and able to clean/tidy up quickly and thoroughly
• a positive, can-do attitude
• a well-presented appearance
• a C1 or above level of English
It is an advantage if:
• you have worked as a Tour Guide
• you are an Actor or performer
• you have worked as a Group or Activity Leader
• you have worked as an English Teacher
• you have worked with children
• you speak a second language
• you have experience in a retail environment
We recognize that it is unlawful, unethical and against the best interests of both The Chocolatarium and individuals for an employer to discriminate against a candidate for a job because of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity in any part of the recruitment process. The Chocolatarium will treat all applications fairly and equally and adhere to the Equal Opportunities legislation.