Keeping staff and visitors safe
We take the safety of our staff and visitors extremely seriously. Everyone is different but as a general rule of thumb, if you feel comfortable going to a restaurant or café, it is likely you'll feel comfortable on a Chocolatarium Chocolate Tour.
We review and update this guidance regularly and adapt to the changing circumstances, in line with government advice.
Do I need to wear a face covering?
As in a restaurant or café, when you are sitting down and sampling chocolate, you do not need a wear a face-covering. When you move around (e.g. to go through to the next room or to use the bathroom) you need to wear a face-covering.
When browsing in the gift shop at the end you need to wear a face-covering.
- If you or anyone on your booking has COVID-19 symptoms, you MUST cancel your tour. You can choose either a refund or to rebook another date. Please cancel as early as possible.
- We also suggest going to the bathroom before you come (but you can use ours if you need to and sanitising wipes are provided in the bathroom).
- Keep at lease a 1-metre distance from any other household. Your guide will keep you right and show you where to go! Please note that single travelrs may be seated with another single traveler.
- Please arrive on time (not more than 10 minutes early as we need the cleaning time) and ring the bell to let us know you have arrived.
As a food-based attraction, strict hygiene measures have always been a part of our routine and we have revised and extended this with COVID-19.
Some important parts of our hygiene procedures are:
- Washing hands on arrival and during the tour.
- Providing hand sanitiser at the entrance and throughout the tour.
- Wearing food preparation gloves (we use latex-free).
- Sanitising all touch points between each tour (such as door handles, counters, tongs, etc.).
- Using (recyclable) single-use tasting boards and cups.
- There is a protective screen at the check-in desk.
- We only accept card payments, no cash.
If you have any questions, suggestions or requests for how to improve our procedures and approach, please get in touch at [email protected]
We are looking forward to welcoming visitors again and having lots of fun with chocolate while keeping everyone safe.